FM3 Road Trip - Cars & cones 2021
designed specifically for street cars, ROAD TRIP EVENTS ARE formatted TO BE FUN, INTERACTIVE AND SOCIAL.
Road Trip events are designed to be fun, interactive and social street car events. Although some competition may take place, the emphasis is on driving your vehicle, and enjoying hanging out with the other like-minded car folks. The autocross rules are simple:
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- A :02-second penalty per cone knocked will be assessed if a cone is knocked down or moved completely out of its chalked box.
- A DNF penalty will be assessed for hitting any cones or timing equipment after the finish line red flags or for failure to come to a controlled stop.
- Because this is all about fun, the top three (3) fastest times of the day will be awarded a Silver Cup into which they must place a donation that will be given to a deserving charity.
- Winner donation - $50
- Runner – up donation - $35
- Third place donation - $15
- In the event that a sponsor or sponsor employee has one of the three fastest times of the day, the donation noted above shall be doubled.
- Any participant that is deemed too competitive, whiney, or to be of a general complaining nature; or trailers their vehicle, polishes it excessively or sits in a lawn chair during the autocross, may be publicly shamed or ridiculed – all in good fun, of course.
- Up to two drivers may share a car under one entry, however; only one number per car will be issued per entry fee. There will be only one raffle prize per paid entry.
- Sponsors will choose participants for their specific product giveaway; or products will be given away via a random drawing. Participants are only eligible for one product giveaway award during the weeklong event. Sponsors, sponsor employees, event staff or employees of the event organizers are not eligible for product giveaways.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Functional seatbelts.
- Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
- Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
- All lug nuts in place and tight.
- Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
- All loose items must be removed from vehicle. (Floor mats, things hanging from rearview mirror, iPods, phones, luggage, etc.)
- Participants must use DOT approved street tires commercially available to the general public. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 tread wear rating or higher (R compound tires are prohibited.)
- Each entrant will be issued a number that must be clearly visible on the vehicle.
- The use of an automotive quality helmet is required for both drivers and passengers. Drivers and passengers must provide their own helmets.
- Only officially wrist banded participants may drive on the track/course. No more than one passenger will be allowed and that passenger must ride in the front passenger seat.
- All participants must have current registration, proof of insurance, and a current driver's license.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as driver. Minor waivers will be available for children under 18 that wish to ride with parents. Minors under 18 may only ride with parents.
- A driver/passenger meeting will be held prior to the autocross each day.
- The autocross will be run rain or shine. Severe weather or lightning could cause cancellation of the autocross portion of the event and will be determined by the event director.
- Participants are liable for any damage to facilities or event equipment caused by them or their vehicles.
- Event director and event organizers will have COMPLETE discretion to suspend or eject anyone in the event for any reason.
Copyright © 2021 FM3 Performance Marketing, Inc.